1 Cup Steel-Cut Oatmeal (sub: Rolled Old Fashioned Oats)
2 Cups Water (if subbing Old Fashioned Oats – 1 Cup Water)
1/3 cup parmesan cheese (finely grated)
6-8oz your favorite mushrooms
3-5 Whole Sprigs Fresh Thyme + 2-3 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme Leaves (garnish)
2 Cloves Garlic (minced)
1/2 Medium Onion (finely sliced)
Sea Salt / Cracked Black Pepper to Taste
1. Bring a pot of water to a raging boil, pour in oatmeal, reduce heat to a simmer & cover.
2. Cook oatmeal for 25-30 minutes or until oats have reached desired tenderness. (cook according to package instructions)
3. While oatmeal is cooking – prepare mushrooms, onion, garlic, & thyme on cutting board.
4. In a saucepan over medium heat, add olive oil. Add onion/garlic & sauté for 3-5 Minutes. Add mushroom/thyme & sauté all until mushroom turns golden brown (~5-7 Min).
*NOTE: If the liquid dries too soon… Add 1 tsp at a time of water or broth.
5. When veggies are sautéed, pull from heat & remove sprigs of thyme.
6. When oatmeal finishes cooking, remove from heat & fold in cheese.
7. Scoop cheesy oatmeal into the saucepan with sauteed veggies and mix until combined. Garnish with chopped fresh thyme. Enjoy!